Q: What do I do if I’m denied my LTC or FID?

A:  If you are denied an LTC, the law says you can appeal a suspension, revocation, denial, or if restrictions have been applied to a license.  This is done by filing a petition for judicial review in district court within 90 days.  If you’ve not received an official denial, you may approach the court after 40 days of non-response from the state.  If you are denied an FID, you can petition the state Firearms Licensing Bureau in Chelsea, MA.